Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bird Watching and a little quilting

I've had my camera posted at my back door aimed at the feeder lately. I'm starting to enjoy watching the visitors to the feeder. Its the same ones day after day. I am a novice at this so forgive me if I incorrectly named these. I identified them using the Cornell Institute's Ornithology Lab. A great site for birding.
Brown Headed Nuthatch and Tufted Titmouse
Female Cardinal
The cardinals are so skittish it's hard to get them on camera.

House Finch

Tufted Titmouse
One of my favorites. I think his crest gives him a jaunty look and he's just so cute!
White Breasted Nuthatch
This little fellow digs through the feeder and throws everything on the ground till he gets to the corn. That's all he wants.
But I still found time to finish this memory quilt for a customer.

No comments: